HITS, Inc. is a special events management company primarily focused on producing hunter/jumper horse shows. Based in upstate New York in the village of Saugerties, HITS produced its first horse show circuit in Gainesville, Florida in 1982. Since then, HITS has grown into a nationwide company with world-class hunter-jumper circuits in California, Florida, Arizona, New York and Virginia.
HITS produces three of the richest grand prix in the world with the Saugerties $1 Million Grand Prix in Saugerties, New York, the AIG $1 Million Grand Prix in Thermal, California and the Great American $1 Million Grand Prix in Ocala, Florida -- all forming the HITS Triple Crown of Show Jumping.
To apply, send resume to email@example.com
HITS Endurance Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist
Position DescriptionOverview - The Digital Media and Customer Service Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of digital marketing and communications and providing customer service through email, telephone and personal interactions with customers. The position is exempt. Nights and weekend days are required in this position. Travel is required. Key responsibilities are listed below as well as other tasks as assigned.
- Develop and manage digital marketing campaigns via email, social media and website communications
- Devise strategies to drive online traffic to the company’s websites
- Oversee the social media strategy for the company
- Manage updates to company websites
- Provide effective customer service by responding to incoming email and telephone inquiries as well as personal interactions at events
- Manage volunteer recruitment, selection, communications and event implementation.
- Manage orders for participant shirts, finisher medals, swim caps, etc.
- Manage Tri Club relationships
- Maintain email lists
- Manage customer surveys
Requirements of the role
- Strong understanding of current digital marketing concepts, strategy and best practice.
- Experience in ecommerce, SEO, PPC, Email marketing, and social media.
- Previous experience in a similar digital marketing role.
Knowledge, Abilities and Skills
- Knowledge of the principles and practices of triathlon and running event planning, marketing and management; exceptional customer service practices
- Ability to Manage multiple tasks in a detailed and effective manner; ability to implement cost-effective programs to meet the needs of the race; ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, draw valid conclusions and draft effective plans of action
- Excellent organizational and communication skills; excellent interpersonal and public relations skills
- Detail oriented, flexible and adaptable; ability to work in a fast-paced environment and under pressure
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, make efficient decisions
- Working knowledge of design process for promotional materials and advertising and media plans; ability to work effectively with graphic designer and marketing coordinator
- Computer literate with current software programs, including Microsoft Office, online registration system.
- Able and willing to work long hours, nights and weekends; travel extensively.
HITS, Inc. is seeking a Full-Time Human Resources Manager to join its corporate team in Saugerties, NY.
HITS and its affiliated businesses focus primarily on special events management and hospitality in multiple locations and states. The Human Resources Manager is responsible for overseeing benefits, recruiting, and legal compliance with applicable state and federal laws, while creating and administering policies and practices.
- Developing and administering various human resources’ policies and procedures
- Employee relations, counseling, dispute resolution, disciplinary actions with documentation, and exit interviews
- Managing company health insurance by assisting in plan selection and administration; determining employee eligibility, communicating plan options to eligible employees, enrolling employees in desired plan, setting up payroll deductions, reconciling carrier invoices, and COBRA administration
- Ensuring PPACA compliance through strategic planning, monitoring of eligibility and recording of offers, enrollments, and waivers, and providing year-end reports to staff and government agencies
- Developing and sending company-wide communications on a regular basis regarding adherence to policies, procedures, compliance, and administrative expectations
- Overseeing recruitment & hiring for various departments and locations using job search websites, attending job fairs, keeping in-house career sites current, screening applicants, and participating in interview, selection, and hiring process
- Managing all aspects of worker’s compensation, FMLA administration, short-term disability, and unemployment insurance
- Coordinating with the Payroll Supervisor to manage statutory and voluntary deductions; assisting with payroll processing when necessary
- Administering company 401(k) plan through reconciliation of payroll deductions, uploading weekly contributions, responding to required annual reporting deadlines, and ensuring ERISA compliance
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or with HR concentration plus 4 years’ progressive applicable experience
- PHR/SPHR or SHRM-CP/SHRM-SCP Certification preferred
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Familiarity with federal and state labor laws and regulations
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to communicate effectively and respectfully with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures while maintaining personal boundaries
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and discretion when handling sensitive information
- Highly professional sense of decorum
- General understanding of accounting concepts and principles
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Familiarity with payroll processing applications/time & attendance technology
Horse Show Secretary – Full-Time
Responsibilities during horse shows include but are not limited to:
- Organizing and inputting all entries and monies received prior to the show
- Preparing class sheets, orders of go, schedules and other organizational needs for the competition
- Travel to either CA or FL for winter show circuit
- Setting up the office and replenishing association forms
- Greeting exhibitors, parents, spectators, and sponsors
- Checking in exhibitors and ensuring all association and horse show requirements are met
- Understanding the rules and classes of the show to help exhibitors when entering
- Help exhibitors register for and/or drop classes
- Inputting results as they come in from the rings
- Establishing orders for any class that needs one
- Ensuring exhibitors are in the correct classes
- Preparing and printing reports for the announcers and gates including who will be competing in which classes
- Close accounts with the exhibitors as they finish showing
- Collect outstanding balances that may have been caused by an addition after the exhibitor has closed out
- Prepare results reports and check requests for each association and submit them
Responsibilities during the off-season include but are not limited to:
- Selling and servicing local sponsorships, local ad sales, and building and nurturing relationships with the local businesses, hotels and the community
- Pre-event preparation, organization and logistics
- Post-event follow-up, reporting of results and collections
- Handling exhibitor inquiries and assisting with production of Prize Lists and Programs
- Computer skills including proficiency Microsoft Office
- Equine Experience (preferably Hunter/Jumper) preferred
- Willing to travel to Horse Shows in all states in which HITS operates
- Availability on weekends and holidays as required by show schedules
- Sales and Marketing Experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Must be an organized, independent worker/self-starter with a flexible sensibility to the ever-changing demands of event work
- Must be creative and possess a positive attitude
- Must be a team player and possess the ability to work with multiple departments
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities
- Professional presentation and attire