Show Jumping Takes Flight - 13 Weeks of Hunter / Jumper Horse Shows - Opening May 2017!
Just south of Chicago, HITS has revitalized this beloved raceway of nine-decades into a State-of-the-Art Equestrian Show Jumping Venue which features nine spacious competition rings – Five of those will be show rings for Hunters and four of them show rings for Jumpers, including a splendid Grand Prix Arena. Fans and Spectators alike, will be able to enjoy viewing all show rings from the 4,467 seat, climate-controlled Grandstand. Former Racetrack-goers will recognize the original tote board and finish line from the historic track, which the HITS Family has thoughtfully integrated into the new facility, along with original relics, photos and memorabilia throughout to keep the Racetrack memories intact.
OPEN TO THE PUBLIC: Enjoy a day of family friendly fun at Balmoral Park in Crete, IL.
Location: Balmoral Park | 26435 South Dixie Highway | Crete, IL 60417
Schedule: Wednesday – Sunday | 8 am to approx. 4 pm
General Admission: No admission charge for daytime performances Wednesday through Friday & Sunday, General Admission tickets are $5 on Saturday. Children 12 and under are free.
Charity Partner: All proceeds collected from Saturday Grand Prix ticket sales are donated to official charities of HITS Balmoral Park.
Showplace Spring Classic I: May 10-14
- $35,000 HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, May 13
Showplace Spring Classic II: May 17-21
- $35,000 HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, May 20
Official Charity: SYSO, our mission is to provide all students with the necessary skills, music education and inspiration to play and enjoy music, and to rebuild the culture of string playing in the south/southwest suburbs. Suburban Youth Symphony Orchestra has been training young orchestra musicians in the Chicago Southland since 1962 and has brought meaningful, quality musical experiences to its members.
$35,000 HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, May 27
- Showplace Spring Classic III: May 24-28
Showplace Spring Spectacular I: June 7-11
We encourage everyone to join us for the Grand Opening celebration scheduled for Saturday, June 10th.
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS | Saturday, June 10
- 8 am: Gates open
- 11 am: Purina Kids Zone opens - Special Kids Activities on the showgrounds!
Petting Zoo l Bounce House l Face Painting l Horseless Horse Show
- 12 pm: VIP Luncheon begins
- 1:45 pm: Grand Opening Ceremony, Opening Remarks, Ribbon Cutting
- 2 pm: $50,000 Purina Animal Nutrition Grand Prix
Showplace Spring Spectacular II: June 14-18
- $50,000 Adequan Grand Prix | Saturday, June 17
Showplace Spring Spectacular III: June 20-25
- $50,000 HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, June 24
Showplace Summertime I: July 5-9
- $50,000 HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, July 8
Showplace Summertime II: July 12-16
- $50,000 Ulcergard Grand Prix | Saturday, July 15
Showplace Summertime III: July 19-23
- $50,000 HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, July 22
Showplace End of Summer I: FEI CSI2*: August 9-13
- HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, August 12
Showplace End of Summer II: FEI CSI4*: August 16-20
- $200,000 HITS Balmoral Grand Prix | Sunday, August 20
Showplace Fall Classic I: September 13-17
- Barrington Saddlery Grand Prix | Saturday, September 16
Showplace Fall Classic II: September 20-24
- HITS Grand Prix | Saturday, September 23
Getting to the show:
FROM THE NORTH: Take I-94 Express and I-94 East to IL-394 South toward Danville. Turn right on South Dixie Highway (IL-1). HITS Balmoral Park will be ¾ mile down on your right.
Refreshments: Spectators can grab some lunch from the HITS Restaurant Pavilion or HITS Bar & Grill and find a grassy spot on the berms while watching some of the world's best show jumping.
Shopping: Vendor Row features dozens of shops offering quality equestrian gear, apparel, jewelry and more.